Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Vacation!






For Christmas this year my husband and I got to go on an amazing trip to the Caribbean, namely St. Maarten, St. Barths, and Anguilla, with his whole family! This wasn't an ordinary trip though, we sailed to all of these places! We stayed on catamarans with a cook and a captain who took us to many ports and special places on these islands. It was so fun, and of course I saw many new flowers and plants that I had no idea of what they were.... so I took pictures of them to one day identify them. One of my most favorite places was Pinel, which was on the French side of St. Maarten. It was this teeny island that no one lives on and everyone comes over to play for the day, then leaves at 5:00 pm. We explored it a little bit and found TONS of hermit crabs! I made Bryan take his shirt off to carry them in (I didn't want them to pinch me, they were huge!). We then dug a huge whole in the sand and put them all in there to see if they could get out... they were fiesty! Not like the kind you get at the mall that is painted. This trip was truly and once in a lifetime experience and I wish I could go back!

1 comment: