Friday, April 24, 2009

The D.I. Bouquet







My D.I. Belt Bouquet
For a school final project our teacher said that we had to go to D.I. (a second-hand store) and find an item that would not normally be in a bouquet and incorporate it. Well I went to D.I. and could not find anything!!! Everything was hideous, until I hit the belt rack. This really got my brain going, there were so many colors and styles! I finally decided on classic tans, navys, and stripes and decided that my bouquet would have a nautical theme. This is how it turned out and I LOVE IT. It has huge china mums, luscious hydrangea, sweet freesia, Dutch double ruffled cream tulips, ranunculus, crystal blush anemones, and a rarity, helleborus. I liked using the belts so much that I actually might use belts to wrap bouquets again! I think it adds another extra detail. Love, love, love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment